Comfort Food

Made something quite cheena today. Can you guess what I am making from this list of items?

DSC03534

Check out the main ingredients:

DSC03536

DSC03537

And this… should be very obvious by now??

DSC03535

Yeh that’s right! I made 水饺

I love to eat dumplings. A bubbling hot bowl of dumpling soup is just so wonderful on a rainy day! Wrapped my dumplings with the lovely ingredients inside… Great satisfaction!

DSC03538

Kept some of them in the freezer so that I can cook them for Isaiah with noodles tonight for supper if he’s hungry!

DSC03539

I had it for lunch myself. Nice! :)

DSC03540

Wanna try make your own dumplings too? Here is a list of simple ingredients you can have (modify according to your likes!):

  • 200 grams of chicken, minced
  • 100 grams of fish paste
  • 10 prawns, de-shelled & minced
  • 3 water chestnuts, finely chopped
  • Dumpling skin, comes in easy packages
  • Spinach for cooking in soup
  • Chicken stock
  • Noodles, to make it a full meal

Just mix all the meats together with the chestnuts, add a little corn flour and you can start to wrap the dumplings. Seal the dumplings with some water at the sides. In a pot of boiling chicken stock, throw in spinach and dumplings. Cooks very fast. Good to make lots of them and freeze them. Just take out from fridge & cook for a quick meal.

Enjoy! :)

Comments

Popular Posts