I Am 31 (Part B)

I feel very blissful because I have a hubby who makes effort to make my birthday a special one every year. He would think of ways to surprise me, or bring me to nice places for dinners just to make me happy. :)

He almost knocked his own head a few days ago when he gave me a MEGA BIG hint on where he was bringing me for my birthday dinner. He said it was in town area and that we last went there about 7 years ago. A very sharp me knew immediately we were going to Equinox! It was there he proposed to me 7 years ago! Haha! Am I smart or what??!

A very happy Kless

(again, my mum in law looked after both my darlings – Her 2nd birthday present to me! Heeee!)

DSC05081

And I wore the Guess heels that my zone leaders bought for me! Chio! Super lurve it! Matches my Guess bag!

DSC05078

Up, up and away to the 70th floor!

DSC05132

Being back in this place made me astound at how fast time has flown past. Has it been 7 years already?!

DSC05090

DSC05093

We have to pay a premium to get a window seat, so of course, every guest at the window-seat tables was snapping away at the gorgeous view. =D

DSC05087

DSC05086

And you will realise as you read on that the sky was getting darker and darker, and the city lights brighter and brighter…

 DSC05104

DSC05105

I was telling Isaiah that it actually feels very peaceful and calm looking down at the cityscape from a high point. It’s pretty much like looking down at a big picture, and and the small minor details don’t bother you anymore. :)

DSC05108

DSC05106

 DSC05107

Warm bread served throughout the dinner

Isaiah tried the olive bread, which I thought was just very weird…

DSC05101

DSC05099

The less adventurous me just had normal plain bread. =P

 DSC05100 

The place is pretty atas, I must say. And being someone who takes very ‘safe’ foods, I didn’t opt for the set dinner which came with the full works of appetizer, entree, etc etc, because they offer stuffs like sashimi and foie gras, which I dare not eat. Isaiah went for the set dinner and he enjoyed every dish. Opposites do attract, don’t you agree? Haha…

DSC05127

I enjoyed my soup – Hot and spicy chicken soup with shimeji mushrooms

DSC05103

Appetizer – New sashimi of yellowtail kingfish with warm smoked eel

DSC05102

Entree– Pan-fried foie gras with sweet potato mousseline and caramelized baby bananas

DSC05118

DSC05121

By the time the main course was served, it was this dark already! For the first time, I thought the Esplanade looks really quite nice. :)

DSC05111

DSC05110

The main courses – Char grilled grain fed beef fillet, and Whole baby chicken stuffed with black truffle butter. Yums! The beef was cooked to perfection, tender and juicy. The chicken was very tender and went well with the mushrooms. =D

DSC05124

DSC05123

Dessert was nice! Twice baked Manjari chocolate fondant with cherry sorbet..

DSC05130

My presents!!

Roses!

DSC05133

Hermes Perfume!

DSC05135 

I enjoyed every single minute with my hubby! Thank you dear for everything. =)

DSC05126

Comments

Dawn said…
You look good! Definitely don't look like a woman who has just given birth!
Mummy Kless said…
Oh thanks dawn! =D

The signs of pregnancy are often shown around the tummy area.. haha! It'll take a while before it'll be back to normal (if it ever does..)
Unknown said…
Happy happy (belated) birthday! :) Food looks awesome!

Popular Posts