This Is Not Good

backache-main_Full

It all started very suddenly last night when I reached home from dinner.

I wanted to bend forward to cover Baby Jayne with a blanket, when I was shocked by a sharp pain in my lower back spine area. Couldn’t bend forward because the pain was really bad. I even had difficulty walking because every step would result in excruciating pain. Didn’t know how it happened, and don’t recall a specific incident when I strained my back, but the pain was obviously very bad, and nothing like the previous backaches I’ve had. It felt like the pain was in the bones or nerves. Scary.

Managed to sleep through the night but whenever I woke up, I could feel a nagging pain at the back.

This morning, went to see the doctor, and asked him to refer me to go for MRI, but he was reluctant to do so because he said he would only recommend an MRI if he thought I needed surgery. Since it’s the first time I’m experiencing such a pain, he wanted to treat the pain first and see if it would go away after taking medication. Was told to monitor the condition for one week, and to immediately go back to him if I experience any numbness in my legs or problems with bowel movements.

On top of the medication I was given, I also went to get Salon Pas to put on my back. Took 2 naps today because the medications made me drowsy. And the pain was much lesser after the naps & medication. Hopefully, it is just a case of strained back, and not slipped disc or spine-related ailments. I’ve heard about a colleague who went through a spine operation & had a really tough & painful recovery. Not to mention how risky a spine operation is. Makes me shudder even at the thought of it.

Sigh, back pains are really irritating. I couldn’t walk or sit without pain, and I can’t carry baby or feed her as every movements makes me feel painful. Please pray for me that the pain will go away quickly and this is really just a simple case of strained back and nothing more! I want to get back to normal life asap!!

Comments

@ster|x said…
take care kless!!!! be praying for u!!!
Unknown said…
Oh no!! Sounds painful... take care & will be praying for u!

Popular Posts