A Lunch Date

I had a great lunch date today with my hubby!

We went to have really delicious chicken rice near Bugis area called Yet Con Chicken Rice, and it was acclaimed to be one of the first few Hainanese Chicken Rice stalls in Singapore and was fully packed with people. It turned out to be one of the best chicken rice I’ve eaten too. :)

 DSC07801

DSC07802

Chicken rice is best eaten with ginger & good chili sauce.

 DSC07795

DSC07797

The rice was fragrant & well-cooked. You can taste every single grain.

DSC07796

The chicken was very tender and tasty.

  DSC07798

We also ordered side dishes like salty veggie soup and stir-fried kai lan. Very nice.

DSC07800

DSC07799

After a nice lunch, we went to have coffee at a nearby cafe called ‘Food For Thought’ and it was a really lovely little cafe! I like it so much I’ll surely go back there again!

 DSC07803

DSC07804

We sat at the bar counter and sipped our coffees & teas while watching the staff prepare food for the other customers.

 DSC07805

DSC07806

DSC07821

DSC07807

DSC07810

DSC07811

DSC07812 

DSC07815

DSC07816

DSC07818 

A nice mid-day lunch date! :)

Comments

Joycie said…
never bring me.. =(
Isaiah Kuan said…
sorry joyce... a lunch date is reserved for those you love the most...u lose in that round.. =p
Kristie said…
so sweet leh.... good to work near your spouse hor....

i waiting for my time to come too... kekekkee
Kristie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ted said…
Great food & love the pics :)
grace.tan said…
Yes!Yet Con is nice.. the pork chop is yummy! :)
Mummy Kless said…
@Joyce: Hahaha! We go on our date one of these days la.. wanna bring you to the Food for Thought cafe.. :)

@Kris: Ya boy! It's possibly the only time I can have a date with my hubby without having to make arrnagements for someone to take care of my kids!

@Ted: Thanks thanks! :)

@Grace: The pork chop?!! I'll try it the next time I go!
Isaiah Kuan said…
why do i always look so skinny in the photos? haizz...

Popular Posts